Sr Backend Developer
Experience: 3-10 Years
CTC: 9-28 LPA
The Target Technology Services (TTS) team designs and creates innovative solutions for a variety of applications, platforms and environments. TTS not only gives Target a competitive advantage in the marketplace, but also enhances the guest experience through the smart use of technology in the retail industry.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Senior Engineer, you'll take the lead as you
- Provide technical expertise to the project team. This includes the recommendation of solution alternatives and the identification of risks
- Providing progress reporting to the team lead and Project Manager/Lead during the project lifecycle
- Schedule and facilitates solution walkthroughs
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the team
- Work on continuous improvement projects within the team and mentors software engineers as appropriate
- Follow software quality process and methodology standards, including those for design, data quality, code, version control, defect/change request tracking, documentation, work product review, unit testing and environment management.
- Reviewing requirements and functional specifications and providing feedback to the project team. Includes participation/input to the requirements process
- Delivering detailed design in accordance with design documentation and ensuring that it undergoes design review by the development team
- Working with the test team throughout the project life cycle to enable their testing efforts
- Working with the technical lead and release services to migrate code and data to production and pre-production environments and working with them to execute release activities
Engineering degree in any stream
Has at least 4 years of prior experience
Strong technical aptitude – Java/J2EE and other open source technologies
Must have worked on Java, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark
Familiar with agile development lifecycle and worked on the design/development of at least 3-4 projects
Good verbal, written and presentation skills
Ability to learn new skills and technologies
Strong technical and problem solving abilities are needed
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.