Database Engineer ($30K/year) - Remote Work
Work from home
Experience: 2-12 Years
CTC: 19-21 LPA
In every team that you work in, you will be expected to deliver work to a high level of quality. Your work quality is measured through the First Time Acceptance Rate, which means passing the quality bar set by your leadership team.
As a Database engineer ($30K/year), you can expect to be a member of Central DB or Consolidation DB teams, to support both internal and external clients in resolving database incidents and service requests. We expect you to execute capacity planning activities and apply database software patches and upgrades.
You will adhere to internal processes for incident, service request resolution and change management through proper execution and documentation. You will be responsible for developing expertise across our proprietary enterprise software products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on database developer/administrator.
- 1+ years of practical work experience using cloud services such as AWS.
- Experience in at least one of the following databases - Oracle / MSSQL / MySQL.
- Good knowledge of database backup and recovery, export/import, tools and techniques.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service.
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter.
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world.
- Good proficiency in the English language.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with AWS cost optimization and service management
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Database
- Experience with database backup and recovery
- Background on Sybase and Netezza
Crossover (also known as Crossover for Work) is redefining the workplace. We connect the world's best talent with companies around the globe, supported by our WorkSmart productivity and workforce technology. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Crossover has thousands of partners in more than 100 countries.