VP of Software Engineering ($200K/year) - Remote Work
Work from home
Experience: 15-25 Years
CTC: 100-100 LPA
In our business, we set aggressive quarterly goals for our products, which are driven by our product management team or the overall IT strategy. A VP of Engineering is expected to lead their team towards achieving these goals. Our management process is to set weekly targets with daily check-ins to ensure we are on track to achieving the quarterly results.
The VP of Engineering will manage a team of 5-15 Software Engineering Managers and ensure the team solves their challenging software problems. You must continuously improve the quality of your team's performance by coaching the low contributors and replacing them with top global talent when necessary.
The individual will leverage their technical depth as a former developer and architect to push the team towards a high standard of technical excellence, and achieve the organization's quality bar.
It is expected that you will be monitoring the team’s daily and weekly performance using our proprietary tools. The responsibility is to identify obstacles and offer coaching to improve productivity.
The VP of Engineering will be expected to run deep-dives into problem-solving with their teams and leverage past technical expertise in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Cloud Infrastructure, and automated deployments using CI/CD tools.
The individual will work closely with our Fortune 500 customer executives as well as key executives within Trilogy or other affiliated companies.
The candidate is expected to be a seasoned professional with excellent English communication skills who can effectively manage executive relationships.
The VP of Engineering will report to an SVP and will serve as a vital member of the global executive team.
- This is a global leadership role for a seasoned software development leader, not a first executive role for a manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is mandatory (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
- Minimum of 15 years of software engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a senior software engineering management position such as CTO, Head of Development, or VP of Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in a hands-on development role in C++, Java or .NET architecture
- Led a team of at least 50 software engineers within the last 3 years where you were responsible for goal setting, performance measurement, and hiring/ firing decisions (direct reporting lines)
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scaleable best-practices in an engineering organization
- Recent experience with DevOps teams
- Proven ability to use metrics as a key driver in your decision-making processes
- Proven and recent experience of setting aggressive goals for your teams using SMART principles
- At least 1 year of experience managing an organization that makes use of IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS
- An advanced level of English
Crossover (also known as Crossover for Work) is redefining the workplace. We connect the world's best talent with companies around the globe, supported by our WorkSmart productivity and workforce technology. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Crossover has thousands of partners in more than 100 countries.