We are a growing Fintech startup looking to hire one of our first engineers. You will lead efforts and have complete ownership of building our web platform. Being an early hire, you will work directly with the founding team and have a chance to significantly influence the direction the company takes.
- Be responsible for the entire backend of the product
- Advocating best practices in software design and it’s implementation
- Being actively involved in the improvements of the existing product. (Performance, scalability, etc.)
- Since we are a small team, you will also be responsible for handling the staging and production environment of the product which includes releasing features through continuous integration & deployment to production.
- Architecting new feature sets for the product, maintenance of the existing backend codebase.
- Good Experience with Laravel 5
- A web application development background
- An advanced understanding of PHP
- OOP principles
- Design patterns
- Unit Testing fundamentals, Experience of TDD (functional & unit test writing)
- Continuous Integration
- Performance tuning
- Experience with Relational Databases like MySQL
- Agile principles
- Deployment and basic DevOps Skills
- Experience integrating Third-Party APIs
- Experience with AWS
- A self-starter with great organisational skills
- A person who takes responsibility
- Someone who will thrive in an Agile environment
- Open, collaborative, selfless, curious, courageous, accountable
- Have evidence of a commitment to continual learning and development
Moneyjar (Ajax Ventures Private Limited) is building an online platform that aims to make investing your savings easy and rewarding. It turns your thoughts and life goals into actionable advice, which can be seamlessly executed on MoneyJar's secure online transaction platform. Our vision is to enable universal access to sincere and well researched financial advice backed by user-friendly transactional platforms and we work relentlessly to achieve that. It is our core belief that the company can only achieve that vision based on the collective efforts of our team.
Why Should You Apply?
Competitive salary and benefits (including equity in certain cases).
Opportunity to work with flexible hours. We`re more interested in high-quality code and consistency than a regimented 9 to 5.
Small, Nimble Team with no bureaucracy: Direct involvement and the ability to influence the project`s future direction. We are a team; everyone`s opinion is important.
Free Financial Advice! - Being a financial advisory company, be rest assured, you will receive unlimited top-notch one-on-one investment advice for you and your loved ones!