SVP of Product Management (Tournament)
Work from home
Experience: 7-15 Years
CTC: No Bar
We're running an Online Hiring Tournament on February 18th to hire SVPs of Technical Product Management (USD $400K/yr).
This event will include all testing for the role. Upon grading the deliverables from the event, we will set up qualified candidates with an interview with the hiring manager, who can hire 5 SVPs the next week. This is a 100% remote, full-time role.
This tournament will be hosted for our client DevFactory, who will be hiring the SVPs of Technical Product Management who win this tournament.
The SVP of Technical Product Management is responsible for building and managing a team of VPs of Technical Product Management. Their primary deliverables are highly technical product specs that make the Important Technical Decisions (ITDs) for a product.
They must know when and how to design new data structures and algorithms. They must have the experience to understand the fatal impact that poor product design decisions can have and strategies on how to avoid them. And finally, they must be able to communicate their technical decisions in a clear, written manner so that other people on the team may follow their direction.
- Provide active daily feedback to individual contributors writing Important Technical Decisions. Help make them simpler and clearer.
- Interview new L2 TPMs and guide them through a structured training period
- Know how to apply modern software design patterns (think cloud, containerization, etc) to product requirements
- BS in CompSci, CompE, or EE
- 5+ years of hands-on production code development in Java or C#
- 3+ years experience making the core technical design decisions that were then implemented by other developers
- Excellent at reducing overly complicated and unstructured answers into a set of simple and structured decisions
- Able to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content
- Excellent written communication skills including architecture diagrams, data flows, and system component diagrams
- A passion for creating work in a process-driven way and working with team members to continuously improve that process
Crossover is inventing the future of work. A future where high-skill jobs go to the cloud and are available to anyone, anywhere, as long as they are the best at what they do. We assemble teams of these rockstars, apply industry-leading proprietary playbooks, and utilize our in-house software platform to facilitate remote collaboration. Crossover then connects these high-performing remote teams with elite companies around the world. Unlike most freelancer marketplaces, Crossover only accepts customers looking for multi-year projects.