VP of Technical Product Management ($200K)
Work from home
Experience: 10-20 Years
CTC: No Bar
The VP of Technical Product Management position is responsible for making the most fundamental design and architecture decisions across a broad portfolio of products. Their primary deliverables are highly technical product specs that make the Important Technical Decisions (ITDs) for a product.
Create technical design specs that define the core of software products
Know how to apply modern software design patterns (think cloud, containerization, etc) to product requirements
Review and provide feedback to more junior product managers turning your decisions into detailed engineering plans
VPs of Technical Product Management excel at:
Defining data structures and object models
Creating algorithms to solve high-value problems
Mapping solutions to large “building blocks” of existing open source components and cloud services
Making decisions that reduce scope in favor of simplicity
Clear written communication
Leading and managing a team
- 5+ years of hands-on production code development in Java or C#
- 3+ years experience making the core technical design decisions that were then implemented by other developers
- Able to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content
- Excellent written communication skills including architecture diagrams, data flows, and system component diagrams
- A passion for creating work in a process-driven way and working with team members to continuously improve that process
Crossover is redefining the way people work. A future where all high-skill jobs go to the cloud and big-data is used to help individuals and teams become more and more productive. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our workforce is global and will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent and are now in over 108 different countries.
Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing cloud talent. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best people for both technical and non-technical jobs. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long-term growth.