Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state of the art technologies?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a real passion for data. We are responsible for building accelerators, products and processes that power the data pipelines at Snapdeal, enable self-service capabilities and accelerate solution delivery.
We collaborate and partner to solve big challenges in the data ecosystem: data replication, providing cloud agnostic data services, intelligent monitoring/alerting of location agnostic data platforms, federated processing, etc.
If you have development skills on a data platform and rock at programming in Java or similar languages, this is the place for you. Add a healthy passion for wrestling with large datasets and a desire to build automation tools, and you'll be set apart from the crowd.
If teamwork, respect, ownership, recognition, trust, simplification, and test-and-learn speak to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - we definitely want to talk to you.
You will fuel the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to solve complex business problems
You'll produce scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies, including Java, Scala/Spark, Hive, Chef, etc.
You'll support and follow the Snapdeal Software Development Lifecycle
You will collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment
You'll improve the enterprise systems by integrating existing solutions and building new technologies.
- Hands-on experience using big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Teradata, etc.
- A passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles in a dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building highly available systems
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, MVC, REST web services, etc.
- Experience using Linux for production applications
- Experience using git in a shared setting
- Contributions to open source projects
Education: Bachelors or Master’s degree in information science, computer science or equivalent work experience
In February 2010, Kunal Bahl along with Rohit Bansal, started Snapdeal.com - India's largest online marketplace, with the widest assortment of 12 million+ products across 500+ diverse categories from thousands of regional, national, and international brands and retailers.
With millions of users and 150,000 sellers, Snapdeal is the shopping destination for internet users across the country, delivering to 5000+ cities and towns in India.
With its acquisition of Freecharge in 2015, a leading mobile transactions platform, Snapdeal has become the largest Commerce Company in the country.
In its journey till now, Snapdeal has partnered with several global marquee investors and individuals such as SoftBank, BlackRock, Temasek, eBay Inc., Premji Invest, Intel Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Mr. Ratan Tata, among others.